This guy called it back in 2014

Discuss issues what's hot in gaming and game development, including computer hardware.
ADMIN
Site Admin

This guy called it back in 2014

Postby ADMIN » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:32 pm

'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
Max Powerz

Re: This guy called it back in 2014

Postby Max Powerz » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:56 am

With the market slowly flooding with user freindly-ish game engines that allow for drag and drop level and game creation with simplified coding systems it's only going to worsen the situation,
But it also allows for the creation of new idea's and sometimes pure gems of games that otherwise wouldn't have come in to existence.
So it's kind of a win lose situation, big downside is... as more poo quality games flood the market the more it turns people off buying indie developed games which is a true problem for talented indie dev's.
ADMIN
Site Admin

Re: This guy called it back in 2014

Postby ADMIN » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:24 am

MP

Yep.

I think Steam is part of the problem as, in my opinion, it's not well set up to cope with the increasing volume of new releases.

They're all funneled through this single pipe that is the front page.
And even there, the initial focus is on what Steam thinks you'd like, and six times out of ten, it's not on-target.

Then the new releases are divided into two streams: 'popular' releases -which is what I suspect most people look at -and 'all releases' both of which are a chore to scroll through.

Furthermore the tools for sorting through the backlog are not that effective.

I often find myself opening Steam in my browser as it's quicker to browse through and open game pages on other tabs.
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com

Return to “Gaming and gaming related”