GTA V

Discuss issues what's hot in gaming and game development, including computer hardware.
ADMIN
Site Admin

GTA V

Postby ADMIN » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:04 am

So anyone bought and playing?

I do have a PS3 but am hanging out for a PC version.

If/when I get it though, my feeling is I'll ignore the main game in favour of doing another walkabout.

Maybe write another review in the same frame of mind as my Saints Row The Third review
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=283
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
Scribble[SFD]

Re: GTA V

Postby Scribble[SFD] » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:16 am

ADMIN wrote:So anyone bought and playing?

I do have a PS3 but am hanging out for a PC version.

If/when I get it though, my feeling is I'll ignore the main game in favour of doing another walkabout.

Maybe write another review in the same frame of mind as my Saints Row The Third review
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=283

Yeah, I will wait until the PC version comes out as well, and even then probably won't get it until it goes on a major sale.
I remember trying out GTA 1 + 2, and they sucked IMO. But I also remember playing GTA 3 and being blown away by it and how fun it was. I also enjoyed Vice City, but by the near end-game I was already growing tired of the game. And now after just having recently beat GTA 4, I feel that genre is kind of overdone and dull to me now.

I did also enjoy Saints Row 3rd, with 2 being okay-ish as well. But I am in no rush to play Saints Row 4 or GTA 5.
NeatNit

Re: GTA V

Postby NeatNit » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:27 am

Oh man, am I the ONLY one who loved GTA 1 & 2?! I played it when I was so young... It never occurred to me as a child how violent it was. It was too cartoony to have any effect on how I act in real life. I just remember stacking up a ton of cars and blowing them up. I was just a kid, and it was the perfect form of entertainment.

But then GTA 3... Well honestly, I've never played it. I've played GTA IV for maybe about an hour or two total, at friends' house, with 90% of that time spent messing with the swing bug. And I've also played GTA V a bit this Monday. Anyway, it's definitely not the same kind of game. Sure, it's open world just like before, and it has just as many if not more things to do in it... But it just isn't the same. It doesn't have the same charm. It's too realistic to be given to a child, that's for goddamn sure. It's too violent, too. And it doesn't have a dedicated fart button.

What's the goddamn point?!

Return to “Gaming and gaming related”