This weekend

Discuss issues what's hot in gaming and game development, including computer hardware.
ADMIN
Site Admin

This weekend

Postby ADMIN » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Right. What I have to do this weekend.

Start and finish Spec Ops: The Line. Its been sitting in my Steam games library for months now and I'm determined to give it a fair shake of the lamb's tail, a fair suck of the sav or just a fair go, even if it does start out like the usual american COD wank.

Sunday: back to dev work on TU2 (although Sunday afternoons are the hardest time I find to put in any sort of effort)

Squeezing all this in may be a tall ask.

(If Spec Ops is a bust then it'll be the latest Jimmy Bond film on blu ray or Judge Dredd)
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
Phantaminium

Re: This weekend

Postby Phantaminium » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:29 am

"Usual COD wank" please tell me that's an insult, I honestly hate COD and think it's a piece of crap that should have never conceived where ever the hell the demon came from.

It sucks that much.

but that "american" part could have been left out... ._. >_> w/e

Play League of Legends, and maybe XCOM: Enemy Unknown if you get it :D
LoL is free btw

I'm a ScatmanImage
NeatNit

Postby NeatNit » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:40 am

Phantaminium wrote:"Usual COD wank"

That is definitely an insult, lol.

I have to say, I really loved the concept of COD 1-3. Of those I've only played 3, on the Wii (shit graphics, didn't care, awesome gameplay mostly). They were based on real-life historical wars, and actually meant something. When you died, and saw a random quote about war... Well, it made me smile and broke my heart at the same time.

And then they ran out of wars.

COD4 is the first CoD I actually bought, and it was fine. Mind you, I only play the singleplayer, as the multiplayer obviously has no meaning whatsoever and is pretty shit. (I do however love BF3's multiplayer). The entire campaign was very hard-scripted which made me enjoy it less, but it was still rather fun and enjoyable. Nothing compared to CoD 1-3, but fun. MW2 was okay; a lot more scripted, and also shorter. At this point I realized they're only selling the multiplayer, and stopped caring altogether.

Call of Duty was conceived as a very awesome game series. Then it changed the point and turned its focus to multiplayer, and that's when it became shit. Please don't forget the first games. :(

[[ After MW2 I never played a CoD game ever again ]]
Phantaminium

Postby Phantaminium » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:35 am

That was more informative than anything I've been told by people who still play it.

I'm a ScatmanImage
Scribble[SFD]

Postby Scribble[SFD] » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:13 am

NeatNit wrote:
Phantaminium wrote:"Usual COD wank"

That is definitely an insult, lol.

I have to say, I really loved the concept of COD 1-3. Of those I've only played 3, on the Wii (shit graphics, didn't care, awesome gameplay mostly). They were based on real-life historical wars, and actually meant something. When you died, and saw a random quote about war... Well, it made me smile and broke my heart at the same time.

And then they ran out of wars.

COD4 is the first CoD I actually bought, and it was fine. Mind you, I only play the singleplayer, as the multiplayer obviously has no meaning whatsoever and is pretty shit. (I do however love BF3's multiplayer). The entire campaign was very hard-scripted which made me enjoy it less, but it was still rather fun and enjoyable. Nothing compared to CoD 1-3, but fun. MW2 was okay; a lot more scripted, and also shorter. At this point I realized they're only selling the multiplayer, and stopped caring altogether.

Call of Duty was conceived as a very awesome game series. Then it changed the point and turned its focus to multiplayer, and that's when it became shit. Please don't forget the first games. :(

[[ After MW2 I never played a CoD game ever again ]]

I'm pretty much of the exact same opinion as you, although I didn't play CoD 3, but I played CoD 1+2.

I also enjoy the single player campaigns and think they are really good, but do not like the multiplayer. BF1942 was the only BF game I liked. MW2 single player campaign was really good actually, but again the MP is crap. I also haven't played another CoD game since there.

I wish CoD would go back to WW2 setting...

Return to “Gaming and gaming related”