A game vid from Arsanthania

Discuss issues what's hot in gaming and game development, including computer hardware.
Arsanthania

A game vid from Arsanthania

Postby Arsanthania » Fri May 04, 2012 11:22 am

Hi again, TUForums!

I've gone back to my old name of Neon Tanks II for my game, and I've uploaded a new gameplay video.

It's pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

Give it a watch, and please comment what you think about it either here, on YT, or both. :3

Yay video!
Phantaminium

Re: A game vid from Arsanthania

Postby Phantaminium » Fri May 04, 2012 2:36 pm

is it me or does it have sounds from TU1?

I'm a ScatmanImage
Arsanthania

Postby Arsanthania » Fri May 04, 2012 4:20 pm

Phantaminium wrote:is it me or does it have sounds from TU1?

It's not you; it has a few, but I'm working on replacement sounds. It's slow work, but I'll get it done as I get it done.

Thing is, I'm not sure which sounds are royalty free or creative commons sounds and which ones aren't. The laser sounds that I have (aside from the loops. :s) are crafted by yours truly, and I've been working on using synths along with other royalty free sound bases to build my own.

As I said, it's slow, but I'm getting it done.

Aside from the glaringly obvious sound rip, what do you think of the gameplay itself? :D
Phantaminium

Postby Phantaminium » Tue May 08, 2012 6:50 pm

needs identification similar to that of TF2's, different classes have different projectile looks/sounds/speeds, etc.

I'm a ScatmanImage
Arsanthania

Postby Arsanthania » Wed May 09, 2012 12:50 pm

Phantaminium wrote:needs identification similar to that of TF2's, different classes have different projectile looks/sounds/speeds, etc.

The tanks that fire different projectiles have that. The medium class tanks have a medium-sized cannon, and the large tanks have a large cannon that fires HE projectiles. The lasers are pretty standard and have similar damage, the different projectiles all have similar damage, and the large HE rounds have bullet trails.

Though I agree, I'll add some more id for the different tanks beyond what I have. I also plan to have the plates from the tanks explode outward upon their destruction, the explosions should feel more full.

Return to “Gaming and gaming related”