Neon Tanks (topic rebuild)

Discuss issues what's hot in gaming and game development, including computer hardware.
Arsanthania

Neon Tanks (topic rebuild)

Postby Arsanthania » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:42 am

Hello, all of you Tank Universalists, this is Arsanthania, a fellow TU player.

this post is "announcing" my latest project: Wars of Ketpondr.

Wars of Ketpondr is a fast paced combat game, that while currently only uses tanks, will move on from that and begin to use aircraft and infantry as well; that's the main reason that it's not called "Neon Tanks" any more. There is, in fact, a Neon Tanks game currently under development, but WoK and NT have become two fundamentally different games. Wars of Ketpondr is going to be more mission oriented, like TU, than Neon Tanks, and Neon Tanks is going to be more recursive oriented, like an Arcade game.

Anyway, Neon Tanks, and through NT, Wars of Ketpondr have been and were inspired by, to an extent, by Tank Universal. The original concept was an original adaptation of some ideas and TRON's graphic style, but some of the later incorporated gameplay mechanics, like the Hub and the Hub core/key, were inspired by TU's amazing gameplay. Neon Tanks will continue to use a system similar to this, but tweaked with my own ideas, while Wars of Ketpondr will go on with other ideas that I had, like having a one sided battle on a neutral map to clear out hostile lifeforms and low level hostiles currently present on that map.

Anyway, while neither NT or WoK can currently hold a torch to TU's impressive environments and it's incredible campaign, I hope to emulate the success of TU to an extent, while still pointing at TU as one of my primary sources of inspiration. So naive, I was. :P

REBUILD STARTS HERE
The most recent developments in NT (I ditched the corny name) have been moving away from TU's content and moving to a less directly inspired ideas, related directly to some of my own ideas.

For now, the game is a simple deathmatch, but I will be adding more modes in the future, with a greater focus on resource management and survival. (probably wave-based, but we'll see)

Gameplay video of most recent version here, and to play a more recent (60 fps!) version, check out this link to its new profile page here: Whoo Neon Tanks!

Here's a short mp4 of some tasty new graphics.
Last edited by Arsanthania on Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arsanthania

Re: Wars of Ketpondr

Postby Arsanthania » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:17 pm

Bump.

Wars of Ketpondr has been updated.

http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/1869 ... -ketpondr#
Arsanthania

Re: Neon Tanks (topic rebuild)

Postby Arsanthania » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:48 pm

Topic (and game link) updated. I am, in fact, not dead, not that anyone particularly cares. :P

tronsoldier

Postby tronsoldier » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:57 pm

That looks nice, looks alot like tank universal :) did you make this yourself?
TRONSOLDIER
Arsanthania

Postby Arsanthania » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:29 pm

tronsoldier wrote:That looks nice, looks alot like tank universal :) did you make this yourself?

Well, the current incarnation was inspired by TU, so yes, it does bear some resemblance. :P

And yes, I did build the entirety of this game; some previous versions had some outsourced assets, but for the most part I'm using stuff that's either free to use or made by myself.
tronsoldier

Postby tronsoldier » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:33 pm

You now what, I might make a game simmular to Tank Universal as well.(As soon as i find an easy game engine :) )
TRONSOLDIER
Admiral Z

Postby Admiral Z » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:09 am

Ever since I played TU, I created this whole universe similar to it. I have this folder with hundreds of hand-drawn plans of everything. I hope to make it a game someday.
Admiral Z has spoken. So let it be written, So let it be done.
tronsoldier

Postby tronsoldier » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:03 pm

Admiral X wrote:Ever since I played TU, I created this whole universe similar to it.

I done the same thing using "alice animation"
I've been using alice for nearly 2 years and it's great for creating future games; although, alice is not a game engine, you could still create games with it.

Now i'm looking for a realgame engine to make real games(Now I'm thinking about using Blitz3d) ;)
TRONSOLDIER
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:41 am

On a slightly different topic.

Remember the game Tron2.0?
Recently made re-available on Steam.

Mirror's Edge SSAO enabled through Nvidia Inspector + full AA + ENBM (Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines version) = lovely.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc ... 86B8E3320/
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
NeatNit

Postby NeatNit » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:15 am

Interesting, I never took a good look at that game before. Do you recommend it? Seems to be on sale at the moment...

Edit: though I'm not going to bother with 'overclocking' the graphics. I'll just set it to whatever maximum settings it lets me (assuming those work fine), and carry on :)

Return to “Gaming and gaming related”