Level 7 - EVACUATION

Discussion relating to the beta test of TU1 (private users only).
_33

Level 7 - EVACUATION

Postby _33 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:50 pm

I ended that mission with:

13 SAFE
8 DIED (escape pods die???)

But the game asked me to successfully make 15 pods escape! And I still won!

Cheers,

Jacques
Last edited by _33 on Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
ADMIN
Site Admin

Re: HELP TROOPS ESCAPE mission

Postby ADMIN » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:55 pm

Jacques

Regardless of how well you do, the game won't make you replay the mission.

If you don't save enough transports, you won't get an extra upgrade + bonus points - but the game will continue.
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
_33

Re: Level 7 - EVACUATION

Postby _33 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:38 am

Regardless of how well you do, the game won't make you replay the mission.

OK, my personnal opinion on this is that I think it's weird that the game mentions in one time that it needs 15 pods to escape safely, and on the other, you manage to only have 13 and it still passes. I think that is just weird. If it's humour, I don't get it... :?

Need to mention this, that the first time I tired Level 7 and that the bombers were around, spotters and so on, I didn't really understand that I had to stay in the area where the troops get picked up. So I went far, killed everyone around except the bombers, and then nothing happened. I travelled around the level for 20 minutes or so, and then reloaded it because nothing happened.
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:04 am

and on the other, you manage to only have 13 and it still passes. I think that is just weird.

I hear you - but I think I'd rather the player can fail (and not get a bonus), than be forced to replay the mission over and over before being allowed to go on.
The other argument against forcing the player to 'win' before being allowed to go on, is that having this mission magically 'reset back in time', would be inconsistent with the logical flow of the gameworld. You do get respawned when you die in the game and the maze in the tank factory gets 'reset', but there's logical reasons for that.

I travelled around the level for 20 minutes or so, and then reloaded it because nothing happened.

Hmm. There's five skirmishers to be cleared initially - and they should be plotted on the radar one by one as you destroy them with an arrow leading to the next one. Once you've cleared them, you should get a cutscene showing a spotter.
Was this before the spotter cutscene?
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
_33

Postby _33 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:19 am

ADMIN wrote:Hmm. There's five skirmishers to be cleared initially - and they should be plotted on the radar one by one as you destroy them with an arrow leading to the next one. Once you've cleared them, you should get a cutscene showing a spotter.
Was this before the spotter cutscene?

This happened after the cutscene, I had my first spotter, first batch of escape pods, and then nothing.
zenith

Postby zenith » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:06 am

Beat mission 7 -- no bugs that I saw, other than the bots spinning around in circles on the mini map at the beginning of the battle, before they spotted me. That level gets so crazy! :mrgreen:
I saved all 16 pods! \o/ (including the leader) I'm glad you don't have to save all 15 to win -- but maybe it should be worded better. :)
I thought I would have to play the whole level over if I didn't get all 15.
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:24 pm

That level gets so crazy! :mrgreen:

The music really helps with level as well I feel.

I saved all 16 pods! \o/ (including the leader)

You da man! :mrgreen:

'I'm glad you don't have to save all 15 to win -- but maybe it should be worded better.

Not entirely sure how I could do that - player is informed that he can't leave till 15 are away safely? But then that would break the way the level works currently. I'll have a think - but I don't think I'm going to stop the player from progressing here.
zenith

Postby zenith » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:13 am

Yeah, I see what you mean -- maybe that will keep people on their toes. haha ;)
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:36 pm

This happened after the cutscene, I had my first spotter, first batch of escape pods, and then nothing.

This may be a rare bug caused by the transports not being correctly dropped off, off-level. May need to bullet-proof this.
zenith

Postby zenith » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:02 pm

If you post a save game of level 7, I can try to recreate the bug :)

Return to “Beta testing (closed)”