Level 9 - SUPPLY BASE

Discussion relating to the beta test of TU1 (private users only).
ADMIN
Site Admin

Re: minefield in level 9 (autosave 9, if you will)

Postby ADMIN » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:11 pm

Ha - well, feel free to imagine one is in the dish? ;)
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
_33

Postby _33 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:24 pm

By the way, I'm at work - have you emailed your profile file?

If you're referring to the SAV file, yes I did.

Jacques
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:13 am

Jacques
If you're interested;
I've just spent some time working on the part of level9 that you found too difficult.
At hard difficulty, it's what you experienced.
At normal difficulty, the scanner moves at half the speed you experienced, and there's only two turrets in the trench (as opposed to 4 on hard).
At easy difficulty, the scanner moves at half speed and there's no turrets at all.

Also, added a big message panel (with an arrow) that says either 'Need smokebombs, find an upgrade port' (if you haven't got smokebombs installed), or 'Use smokebombs to disable mines and turrets F5' .

Have also added an arrow on a wall to help guide the player up the little pathway at the end of the trench.

So with these amendments, I feel a bit more confident that the player will know enough how to proceed.

Can I ask if you've played any further?
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
_33

Re: Level 9 - SUPPLY BASE

Postby _33 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:58 am

The new modifications done are very appreciated and do add some balance to the game. It seems to make more sence. And the arrow to go up, might look comical to some, but for me, it would of help earlier, good adjustments!

Now, this is called the SUPPLY BASE, but it is relatively empty(no?)... I'd suggest adding crates around the level, specially in the beginning and where around the open area where the opwerup is. I think it would add some visual to this dull area, and would enhance game combat with the tanks. Because, ming you, it's a tough part to pass.

I've also noticed that if you know your way around, it's easy to zoom out and clear of this area, if you can avoid getting shot at.

Cheers.

Jacques
zenith

Postby zenith » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:42 am

Oh man, I fell off the world through a wall here. Up where the upgrade post is sitting, if you go east from it when its north. Looking for the turret that was on the map, I came to a wall -- then I saw a small area I could go through -- but I fell through the area and into the VOID :(
Wish I could point you to it on a map.
Also, there's a tank behind a wall north east from the upgrade post. And it's shooting at me through the wall -- with rockets. So it's no fun trying to get near him! :)
I had 38 power ups, dammit :D
Now i have to go all the way back! haha

I also think the two tanks sitting there are STUCK and can't move :o
Beat it though, with no problems! (After two tries :D)
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:24 am

but I fell through the area and into the VOID

Actually I was playing this level the other night and I came across the spot I think you're talking about - so I'll fix that.

Also, there's a tank behind a wall north east from the upgrade post. And it's shooting at me through the wall -- with rockets. So it's no fun trying to get near him!

Noted - I saw that as well, will check the underlying path data.

Beat it though, with no problems! (After two tries )

Good! Initially I had the difficulty in the section with the minefields ramped way too high - but I think it's a good balance now in terms of the speed of the 'scanner' and the number of turrets. Also added an arrow to the wall by the small pathway leading out of there.

Incidentally, I've tweaked a few things, so if you're interested, I'll email you a link later today for an updated exe (just the exe - not the whole data file). Fixes a couple of bugs and also allows rockets to down bombers - which could be fun.
zenith

Postby zenith » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:56 pm

Hey, send away. :)
The arrow on the wall really did help, I was like... uh oh! Oh there!

Return to “Beta testing (closed)”