Level 10 - FORTRESS

Discussion relating to the beta test of TU1 (private users only).
zenith

Level 10 - FORTRESS

Postby zenith » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:41 pm

I only saw one bug, and thats with the big titan guys. When standing at a wall to destroy it, it got stuck in a loop after taking a hit and it would just keep making its attack sound over and over again, but never actually destroyed the wall. Another titan came to the rescue. :)
Apart from that I saw no more glitches or bugs!
ADMIN
Site Admin

Re: Level 10 - FORTRESS

Postby ADMIN » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:11 pm

When standing at a wall to destroy it, it got stuck in a loop after taking a hit and it would just keep making its attack sound over and over again

I've seen that bug as well - not a game breaker luckily. In fact apart from a few things like that, I think this level is working pretty well. I'll note it in my bug list.

You know what the next level is (Megaron Tank) :) .
_33 had great trouble with this level, but he indicated he hadn't been using the charged shots against the tank - so it's not a mystery why he found it tedious. (Also note I've tweaked the code so that you can shoot down bombers with rockets now).

Also, when you reach the sheep riding section in level 12, if you could 'come a cropper' a few times to see if you experience a crash here?

Many thanks
Phil
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
zenith

Postby zenith » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:12 am

Haha, I couldn't play anymore levels last night, was pretty well drunk by that time. :P
Yeah, can't wait to get back to this level, haha. Show the tank who's the man around here :mrgreen:
Usually I would try to pull off the biggest charged hits on the tank, so it went pretty quickly.
Also, will do on level 12!
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:52 pm

Usually I would try to pull off the biggest charged hits on the tank, so it went pretty quickly.

Yep - that's how it's designed to be played - use charged shots. To be sure of this, I'm thinking I might further emphasize the importance of charged shots in the tutorial - at the moment they're just sort of mentioned.

Thanks for the feedback!
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com

Return to “Beta testing (closed)”