Level 16 - LOGIC GATE

Discussion relating to the beta test of TU1 (private users only).
_33

Level 16 - LOGIC GATE

Postby _33 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:28 pm

OK Phil, Now I need to talk to you... Don't you think it's a little abusive here? Getting the blue key stolen... Then having absoluitely no other friends to help me... Blablabla... I felt sad, frustrated, etc... How should I look at this? Oh, and BTW I hould have killed one of those beasts but it didnt die. It just flew off but had 0 life... I felt injustice right there!

:( :cry:
ADMIN
Site Admin

Re: Level 16 - LOGIC GATE

Postby ADMIN » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:06 pm

OK Phil, Now I need to talk to you... Don't you think it's a little abusive here? Getting the blue key stolen... Then having absoluitely no other friends to help me... Blablabla... I felt sad, frustrated, etc... How should I look at this?

This is a tough battle and if things go pear-shaped it can really go against you. Once your hub is deactivated, reinforcements will stop. But here's the thing, even if the enemy gets your key and you're forced to retreat, you can hold back, wait till things have quietened down, then re-activate your hub with a glyph and build your forces and fortress back up again.

Also, try using mines (f key) against the behemoths - they'll go down much quicker. You'll have to be careful you don't get too close to the behemoths, but lay mines across their path. If a behemoth goes down, it'll leave a lot of shards.

Pick these up and you can then use rockets to take out the follow up tanks in powerful single strikes. Also use rockets or charged shots to take out the turrets on the enemy fortress from afar.

'BTW I hould have killed one of those beasts but it didnt die. It just flew off but had 0 life'
Once the behemoths are in the air, they're considered 'safe'.
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
_33

Postby _33 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:26 pm

Once the behemoths are in the air, they're considered 'safe'.

If I am NOWHERE safe, why should they be safe?
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:29 pm

If I am NOWHERE safe, why should they be safe?

Cause they're bigger than you? ;)
I hear what you're saying - it's actually a programming thing - if they explode in the air then you have to have an explosion that doesn't look like it's planted on the ground but floating in the air which requires an extra set of particle fx and coding. Also, the shards have to be programmed to fall to the ground - so there's extra processing as well.
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com

Return to “Beta testing (closed)”