Level 14 - COUNCIL MEETING

Discussion relating to the beta test of TU1 (private users only).
_33

Level 14 - COUNCIL MEETING

Postby _33 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:25 pm

Hmmm.... It was a funny Journey. And yes, I did try to get into that small vehicle on the 2nd floor! Anyhow, did you plan on putting warriors by foot in this? I felt a little loney on those 3 or 4 floors, but overall it was intreaguing, but realively straightforward.

Speech at the end was funny. I guess the council will nevel know what Gorgon has in mind!

Also, the effects of Gorgon's eye shooting this beam felt pretty neat, but the hole in the council tower was ugly. Maybe I'd add more smoke to hide the ugly polygons of the hole and that hole texture.
ADMIN
Site Admin

Re: Level 14 - COUNCIL MEETING

Postby ADMIN » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:14 pm

Anyhow, did you plan on putting warriors by foot in this?

I did draft some generic on-foot shooting code, but needed a lot of work - almost a second game in itself really to do properly.

I felt a little loney on those 3 or 4 floors,

Yes - although it follows the story - that there's a battle going on outside and the building has been evacuated.
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
_33

Postby _33 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:05 pm

Plus, all of a sudden, the player would have a gun, omg! FPS code isn't really a big deal thoe. I suppose AI for personas, shooting and all, are different from tanks. Well, I can give you a nice thumbs up if you ever do add this in.

I can just imagine your tought the first time I mentionned jumping, shooting, crouching etc etc... :twisted:
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:31 pm

I can just imagine your tought the first time I mentionned jumping, shooting, crouching etc etc... :twisted:

Not really - I imagine your reaction might be common enough as the first level does take the form of first person and so people expect a certain level of functionality - but there's no use for it in the rest of the game.
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com

Return to “Beta testing (closed)”