Level 11 - MEGARON TANK

Discussion relating to the beta test of TU1 (private users only).
_33

Level 11 - MEGARON TANK

Postby _33 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:52 pm

The problem is not the tank, nor the bomber, nor the little things that regrow... The problem is my rockets are totally inefficient! I tried them on the bomber, and all they do is follow the bomber without exploding. I tried them on the Megaton, and they don't seem to go where the target says they should go. Even worse, the often go abck on me.

The Megaton tank, thoe, zaps way too often IMHO. Either that, or I'm an idiot. I noticed that the megaton tank regenerates, is that true? ANyway for me to stop it zapping around the level?
Last edited by _33 on Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
ADMIN
Site Admin

Re: Level 12 Megaton Tank scene :(

Postby ADMIN » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:10 pm

I tried them on the bomber, and all they do is follow the bomber without exploding.

The bombers are quicker than the rockets. It was a design call I made but it might be more fun/strategy to give the rockets a little extra kick so they can down bombers (particulary on level6 - evacuation) - might make the player feel happy :)

I tried them on the Megaton, and they don't seem to go where the target says they should go. Even worse, the often go abck on me.

That's intentional - the Megaron Tank can repel rockets (else it'd be a quick kill ).

The Megaton tank, thoe, zaps way too often IMHO

The trick is to use powered up shots when close, so a single shot will do more damage, but keep on pounding the Megaron, even from a distance - even just landing shots nearby to do splash damage (Also, if you haven't found out, you can drive up the side of the middle crater rather than having to go around the long way.) Think of this level as a boss fight.

Eventually, when the Megaron's shields are low, it will stay down in the lower area (with the statues). Be aware though that it may teleport to somewhere behind you - and don't be close when it finally dies (explosion)
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
_33

Re: Level 11 - MEGARON TANK

Postby _33 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:33 am

The trick is to use powered up shots when close, so a single shot will do more damage, but keep on pounding the Megaron, even from a distance

In the basic training, it should hint the user on holding the fire for stronger shots. I absolutely never use it because I never think of using it! What is it's features?

Cheers.
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:23 am

In the basic training, it should hint the user on holding the fire for stronger shots. I absolutely never use it because I never think of using it! What is it's features?

It is mentioned in basic training - in fact it's quite important - perhaps I should expand that section in the training. It's very useful against heavy tanks and when taking turrets out from a distance.

In terms of features, it's very simple - hold down the fire button, it'll charge up and release when the fire button is released or when full charge is reached.
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
_33

Postby _33 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:27 am

Concerning how tough is the tank, I must tell you that I had to run back and forth about 2 quite distant zones, getting rocketed by the tank, without MY rockets getting the tank, and having the tank disapear magically everytime I hit him, and also 1/3 or 1/4 of the time having my bullets rebound on him... And this circus lasted for a solid 30+ minutes. I'm not angry, but I was in Godmode!!! So you can imagine how life is difficult in a mortal manner. This level of toughness is ridiculous in normal mode. In easy, hopefuylly he's less tough. And in hard, I can just imagine passing 24 hours running back and forth between zones and probably 5 rockets at once + that bomber killing me every 5 seconds. This is not reasonable mr Jones. Why such punishment?

Not only that, but the tank's explosion is so puny, no victory music whatsoever... It wasn't satisfying in any way. 30 minutes in godmode and I get this small bom explostion. I tought I'd have like a nuclear mushroom or something!

Cheers.
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:30 pm

Jacques

The thing here is that you do only have the opportunity for a few shots at a time - so they have to be charged shots. Some of these may riccohet, but when you're closing in, you need to hit him with fully charged shots to get max damage.

In terms of the frequency with which he teleports, might look at reducing that a tad.

However, there's a quick way too. Lay some mines in the spots he likes to teleport (e.g. up by the 'pueblo' buildings) and if he runs over one, he'll take heavy damage.

When it looks like he's got you dead to rights (and you've got some shards), hit regen - it'll act like a temporary shield - unless you take two direct hits in a row. But then that's more likely to happen if you're approaching dead-on or have stopped still.
_33

Postby _33 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:59 pm

When the Megaron dies, he should explode forever, and have fireworks in the sky all around, and the neighbours should cheer, and balloons should fly up high in the sky!
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:32 pm

When the Megaron dies, he should explode forever, and have fireworks in the sky all around, and the neighbours should cheer, and balloons should fly up high in the sky!

Am I detecting a little frustration? ;)
zenith

Postby zenith » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:44 pm

Beat him, no bugs or issues I had -- always a scary time with him :mrgreen:
The rockets seemed to go straight up and do nothing though, not sure if that's what they are supposed to do -- never used them yet!
One thing I noticed though I can shoot through the big statue Easter Island guys.
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:50 pm

zenith wrote:Beat him, no bugs or issues I had -- always a scary time with him :mrgreen:
The rockets seemed to go straight up and do nothing though, not sure if that's what they are supposed to do -- never used them yet!
One thing I noticed though I can shoot through the big statue Easter Island guys.

Hmm - I have set the Megaron tank to repel rockets, else it could be too easy a kill - however this seems to confuse people. Perhaps I should allow the Megaron to be hit by rockets - but they do reduced damage in relation to charged shots.

As for rockets - try them on groups of the enemy - I think you'll like them :) On wide open levels, they're devastating!

Return to “Beta testing (closed)”