Audio setup

Discussion relating to the beta test of TU1 (private users only).
_33

Audio setup

Postby _33 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:47 pm

There doesn't seem to be any audio setup. SHouldn't there be the possibility to choose the audio driver? ANd also sampling rate (44100 hz, 48000hz, 96000hz) and resolution of the audio (16bit, 24bit) ? Do you have access to this or not? I tought it would be neat to give higher resolution audio, just like I wish there would be higher resolution video , such as 1360x1024 and 1600x1200.

If you need technical advice on this, I may be of help.

Cheers.
ADMIN
Site Admin

Re: Audio setup

Postby ADMIN » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:01 pm

Blitz3d doesn't give any native access to things like sounddriver usage.

The only way (I suppose) to up the audio res would be to have 2-3 different sets of audio files (low quality/Med/high)? At the moment, I couldn't see myself reprocessing all those files - there's also the issue of the extra download size to think about.

Unless there's an easier way?
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
_33

Postby _33 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:19 pm

Agreed, and since you're using the embedded mini FMOD, I think the sound capabilities won't go anywhere. Tough luck. I had big ideas in that field, and since I make music and am a big fan of HIFI audio, I am keen on these types of things. And, I know a BASS license is costy.

Oh BTW, sampling the music in 24bit from a 16 bit is definately pointless, and using a greater sampling rate than 44.1khz is also pointless as Blitz will replay that in 44.1 anyway. Duh... :(

BTW, if you need to have a HI-FI version of Strobe, give me the thumbs up for that and I'll figure one out for you.

Jacques
Last edited by _33 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:29 pm

BTW, if you need to have a HI-FI version of Strobe, give me the thumbs up for that and I'll figure one out for you.

Thanks for the offer - I'm quite taken with that piece of music, but I can't quite see where it would fit in at the moment.
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
_33

Postby _33 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:35 pm

ADMIN wrote:

Thanks for the offer - I'm quite taken with that piece of music, but I can't quite see where it would fit in at the moment.

End scroller? Well, I'll have a go at a more hi-fi version of it and when I'm thru with it, I'll send it to you like so. Take it or leave it.
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:02 pm

Sounds good!

Return to “Beta testing (closed)”