Speed the game up a bit?

Discuss bugs or technical issues relating to TU1 only.
Banaticus

Speed the game up a bit?

Postby Banaticus » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:51 pm

When I'm running across the plain, trying to avoid the enemy tanks, it seems like everything is moving far too slowly. It seems as though it takes me a solid minute to run what seems like 50' of actual ground.

Is there a way to speed that part of the game up? I have more than the minimum requirements -- how do I see what my frames per second count is?

Thanks. :)
ADMIN
Site Admin

Re: Speed the game up a bit?

Postby ADMIN » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:59 pm

Banaticus

F10 to display framerate.
On a couple of the big battles it can start to chug when there's alot going on. If framerate's dipping below 30fps, recommend turning off the glow fx as that can eat a fair few frames - you can turn it on again in the quieter levels if you like.

Also, the turbo boost (F1) is a good way to get around of course
(for a cheat, hit the tilde key and type
give shards
to receive 99 shards.)

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks
Madjack
Dialogue Design
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
mooncalf

Postby mooncalf » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:20 pm

Are you using the Shift Key to sprint? Sticking to the trenches where speed isn't so important to staying healthy? Those are my suggestions if framerate isn't the issue...
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:57 am

Doh - you're talking about level 6 where you're on-foot to get through a battle aren't you?

The trick is to stick to the trenches and sprint/stop to recharge - particularly before going up into the rocks. When stopped, keep the rmb held down to recharge.

Thanks
Madjack
Dialogue Design
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com

Return to “Technical issues and bugs”