LVL 8 - Evacuation Bug

Discuss bugs or technical issues relating to TU1 only.
cyanweb

LVL 8 - Evacuation Bug

Postby cyanweb » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:48 pm

On lvl 8 the blue drone tanks started spinning around in circles on axis and the level did not prgress any further... all reds destroyed on map - except 1 bomber flying around... no additional reds spawned... no more evacuation ships etc... 1 saved 1 destroyed...

Restarting level - will let you know if happens again...

Great Game!
opus

Re: LVL 8 - Evacuation Bug

Postby opus » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:26 am

cyanweb wrote:On lvl 8 the blue drone tanks started spinning around in circles on axis and the level did not prgress any further... all reds destroyed on map - except 1 bomber flying around... no additional reds spawned... no more evacuation ships etc... 1 saved 1 destroyed...

Sorry for the thread necro-ing but I'd just like to say that I've experienced a similar bug a bunch of times over a couple of years now. I'll manage to defend the first wave of evacuation transports without losing any, the Revelation cutscene will play and eventually show up, but Turx stops messaging and no more evacuation transports ever spawn again. Red and blue tanks continue to spawn and the Revelation rains down fire but nothing progresses at all. Have played up to 20+ minutes past this and getting something like 100+ kills before giving up.

Every time I try to get the "all transports away" achievement this happens. The difficulty setting doesn't make any difference. However, I don't recall this ever happening if I lose a transport; the rest of the transports come out and Turx gets away and I progress. Seems like I almost have to lose at least one.

What is the bonus for getting all the transports away, anyway? Is it required to get this bonus to get all upgrades?
Scribble[SFD]

Postby Scribble[SFD] » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:14 am

opus wrote:Sorry for the thread necro-ing but I'd just like to say that I've experienced a similar bug a bunch of times over a couple of years now. I'll manage to defend the first wave of evacuation transports without losing any, the Revelation cutscene will play and eventually show up, but Turx stops messaging and no more evacuation transports ever spawn again. Red and blue tanks continue to spawn and the Revelation rains down fire but nothing progresses at all. Have played up to 20+ minutes past this and getting something like 100+ kills before giving up.

I have gone through the game about 5-6 times now and never had this happen. I have seen the spinning tank syndrome, but it didn't really effect gameplay or progress during a map.

And we know this bug doesn't happen all the time, as well as if reseting the level clears it, then it shouldn't be that big of a problem, because you have to remember a couple of things here:

1) Any time you attempt to apply a patch to any game, you risk also breaking another part of the game (thus is it worth that risk? no).
2) Madjack is just one person that dev/de-bug the entire game and looking over the posts on this and steam forums, he has done a great job on squishing all the major ones

I have seen far more major bugs on bigger titles with huge dev teams. Pretty much every game ever made has bugs in it. The main issue is the bug game-stopping / ruins the game or is it a minor annoyance. I think this particular bug is a minor annoyance as you can get around it.

Every time I try to get the "all transports away" achievement this happens. The difficulty setting doesn't make any difference. However, I don't recall this ever happening if I lose a transport; the rest of the transports come out and Turx gets away and I progress. Seems like I almost have to lose at least one.

IIRC, the bonus is upgrade points and/or power shards. Nothing too major as a bonus. Also, the Steam achievement and we know this works because I got it as well as 3.4% of other users on Steam. BTW, when I got the "All transports away" achievement, I obviously had to play through the level a few times, and also never had that bug appear.

What is the bonus for getting all the transports away, anyway? Is it required to get this bonus to get all upgrades?

It is not required because you can always farm Behemoths on the Logic Gate level (level 19), which is what I did to get the Full Rack achievement.
Phantaminium

Postby Phantaminium » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:08 pm

The "spinning tank" only happens when the rebel tanks have nothing to shoot at, it's not a bug. but if there is still nothing to shoot at, and it's not spinning, then its going somewhere...then it'll spin. I've seen it happen.

Concerning the transports, your might have to reinstall the game. It has never happened to me so I really wouldn't know, but that is what I would do.

BTW, you can't farm Behemoths forever, they do limit and you have to continue to see more, but by then you'll be too far away.

I'm a ScatmanImage

Return to “Technical issues and bugs”