New Glitchs

Discuss bugs or technical issues relating to TU1 only.
Admiral Z

New Glitchs

Postby Admiral Z » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:13 am

GLITCH #1:

I have been playing TU for about 2 years, and I've made about 10 profiles. my latest 2, have been going great, until
i finish the megaron tank lev, and begin loading the next one. then, the game quits and memory access violation pops up. ive tried it again and again,
but it only happens when i load that particular level! :( to my knoledge, MAV hasn't been associated with a particular level. same thing on both profiles. also, if i use the warp cheat to skip past that level, same thing happens.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out on this one, because it hinders my ability to play TU1.
EDIT: This has been fixed.

GLITCH #2:

to my knoledge this glitch hasent been reported yet. at any random time on any random level, everything except for the GUI, like the sights, radar, and powerups list, goes black. the sound is all distorted as well.

GLITCH #3:

the sound "alarm", in TankUniversal>SOUND>fx>COMMON, is distorted when it plays in level 6, evacuation. dont know why, but is very annoying.

GLITCH #4 on the watcher level, if you keep going the way that the tanks come in, (you need to have godmode on) and you go through the arch, you will fly!
fun glitch, but after a while, you will fly too high and you wont be able to come back down unless you fly back to normal ground. there is no control over your altitude.

GLITCH#4 if you spawn a mini turret under something, say a deactivated energy barrier arch, it will spawn on top. can be both useful and annoying.

GLITCH#5 this is similar to mooncalf's topic "dizzy tanks", but not quite the same. every so often, i find a spinning red tank. (usually a heavy) the turret
doesn't move, but whenever it turns into view, it fires. if you kill it, it doesn't drop any shards.

GLITCH#6 if you have godmode enabeled on lev 19, you can drive straight through the logic gate.

GLITCH#7 on both the training levels, if you go to the right of your fortress, and drive to the wall, you will see a hole. you can then drive through it and go off the map that your supposed to play in. in the second traning level, you can even drive into the lava if you go in from the other side!

GLITCH#8 If you nuke the crap out of the logic gate in that level, dark blue polys glitch out over the terrain. You can drive through them, but its just annoying.

GLITCH#9 On the tank factory level, in the 'Switches' area, a large... rainbow wall... can be seen just wandering around the maze. Its translucent and you can't do anything to it. It also makes the same noise that switches do.

I will be editing this as i remember the glitches i found.
Last edited by Admiral Z on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Admiral Z has spoken. So let it be written, So let it be done.
Admiral Z

Re: New Glitchs

Postby Admiral Z » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:31 am

*sigh* i guess no one ever will... :cry:
NeatNit

Postby NeatNit » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:04 am

I can suggest you try reinstalling the game, that might fix things. Just back up the SAVES folder.

And if it still happens, upload the .SAV in the off-chance MadJack can be bothered to look into it. :P
Admiral Z

Postby Admiral Z » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:25 am

Thanks, NN, I will look into it. :)
NeatNit

Postby NeatNit » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:23 am

Admiral Z wrote:Yes, it is always when it is loading the level after the megaron tank level, when it reaches the stage "Loading Entities". Windows Vista 32 Bit Service pack 2. No, I got it from WildTangent. (http://www.wildtangent.com/Games/tank-universal) Intel GMA X3100 Integrated Graphics. (It stinks I know, but then again the whole computer stinks. :( ) No, i don't have PhyX.

I would really appreciate it if MadJack could look at this and try to help us out, because, like i stated in the New Glitches thread, it inhibits my ability to play TU!

In light of your recent post, I don't really think you have any right complaining about technical bugs when you're playing on way, way below minimum requirements.
Admiral Z

Postby Admiral Z » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:44 am

how can this be a video card issue if the game was running perfect when i first got it? plus, this same issue is occuring elsewhere, so if your not willing to help me, at least help NovHawk and the others!
Admiral Z

Postby Admiral Z » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:06 am

I finally fixed the glitch #1 by restarting it, just like you said NN. I uploaded the old .SAV files as well, and it runs just fine now. :)

Return to “Technical issues and bugs”