Graphical glitch when turning around

Discuss bugs or technical issues relating to TU1 only.
Sneemaster

Graphical glitch when turning around

Postby Sneemaster » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi, I just bought the game and downloaded it from Steam and installed it, but I can't play the game properly. The game freezes and shows some black almost background-like mountainous image and other graphical defects whenever I turn around more than 45 degrees. It freezes visually like that until I turn around further, although the game is still running in the background slowly. I can still hear the sounds running while that's going on. The intro works just fine, and the main menu works fine, just in game itself. I'm pretty much stuck just facing one direction to even play the first level.

I've tried turning off all firewall/antivirus/background applications, and updated my graphics and sound drivers. I'm running this on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, but even compatibility mode (For WinXP SP3) doesn't help, nor trying different resolution settings (from 1024 to 1680) or lowering all graphics settings in game. My current desktop display in windows is set to 1680x1050 widescreen, but in game I've tried the different resolution settings. Any idea what could be causing that?

Here are my specs:
-Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
-Geforce 9400GT 512mb graphics card
-AMD Athlon 64 3800+
-2Gb Ram
-500Gb Harddrive (plenty of space left)
ADMIN
Site Admin

Re: Graphical glitch when turning around

Postby ADMIN » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:43 pm

Hi Snee

Bad news I'm afraid - at this point, the game is not listed as W7 compatible (check the requirements).

A few others are also reporting issues under W7 and it looks like it may be a Nividia issue.
Will probably try to sort this issue in the new year, but at this point, can't give an ETA on a patch.

Apologies about this - but you might want to hang on a while?
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
Sneemaster

Postby Sneemaster » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:52 pm

Darn, I checked Steam but it didn't mention not being compatible on Windows 7. Well I guess I can hold on until you guys fix it :) , although it's strange that even compatibility mode doesn't work. Has anyone managed to get it to work on Windows 7?
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:18 pm

Has anyone managed to get it to work on Windows 7?

ATI afficionados seem to be ok - fingers crossed 8-)

Not much use to you I'm sure, but it was interesting looking at the last Steam survey that ATI users were down to 29%.
Don't think that's a good thing on balance. I'm using an ATI at present (4850DX) and its been a good card.

Wouldn't like to see the video card market shrink to purely Nvidia.
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
mmavipc

Postby mmavipc » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:09 am

@^^^^^^^^
Nvidia is moving away from graphics cards and towards supercomputers.

Wow, I completely forgot about this game for a while.

Return to “Technical issues and bugs”