Some sugestions for TU2.

Discussion regarding the game + tips and hints.
tronsoldier

Some sugestions for TU2.

Postby tronsoldier » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:53 pm

Hi, admin
I had some more ideas for TU2.

1).behemoths throw stuff at you instead of stomping(example: a behemoth picks up a tank and throws it at
another tank) :twisted:
2).create a cheat code for automatic 100% reinforcements.
3).have the ability to create a beam tower.
4).have hubs for the purple team(viral)
5).the ability to drive a transport.
6).the bombers having rockets to take down lifters.
7).red team can use drop turrets.
8).blue team can have mobile bombs.
9).the blue and red behemoth could have a fist fight.
10)armed lifters.
That's all I could think of as for now, I'll think of some more stuff you might like. :)
TRONSOLDIER
Phantaminium

Re: Some sugestions for TU2.

Postby Phantaminium » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:52 pm

I can see a couple of these happening, but not many.

1 - maybe? sounds like decent idea.
2 - eh, git gud
3 - I think that already happens, you just have to wait a while.
4 - Could be a cool plot twist, however we fried that kid's computer.
5 - Not likely because then what stops you from piloting it into the red base?
6 - Taking down lifters might be good, but I don't agree with altering the bomber.
7 - I can see something like that being possible for them.
8 - Again, possible. You will have (at some point) a strategic portion so why not send bombers in to blow s#@^ up?
9 - special animations of them fighting each other? nah. I don't see it happening given how I know admin. I can see generic fighting animations though - like a giant punching a wall the same height, just reused on another titan. Stuff like that.
10 - That would be cool if it was a sequence where you had to man the guns on a lifter to defend it, or if you call in support at a location the player marks out (having an ability like that is purely my wishful thinking).

Keep in mind that admin is literally the only guy making this happen (in his spare time).

I'm a ScatmanImage
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:10 pm

1).behemoths throw stuff at you instead of stomping(example: a behemoth picks up a tank and throws it at another tank) :twisted:

I do want a Behemoth to show up in the demo and have a longer range attack than stomping.
To that end I've been testing the idea of it sweeping the area in front of it with a beam weapon, but it's not working out that well.
So your suggestion might be a good alternative or perhaps it could leap across a distance and do the stomp thing?
That might be pretty terrifying, to see it in the air flying towards you?

2).create a cheat code for automatic 100% reinforcements.

Possibly.

3).have the ability to create a beam tower.

The plan is to retain the 'capture the hard point' play from TU1, as it was a lot of fun
That involved waiting on a hard point long enough to create a beam tower.
Probably wouldn't allow that in 'freeplay' as the ability to drop mini-turrets covers similar ground and have to keep things balanced.

4).have hubs for the purple team

I would very much like to be able to do the viruses in a fully fledged way - their own bases, different types - but I don't have time.
I am looking at a KickStarter in the near future so that may well be a stretch goal.
A compromise is to have them appearing in levels so that they're a problem for both teams.

5).the ability to drive a transport.

Could be fun, but has to have a gameplay purpose.
An idea I've been bandying about is stealth levels where the player can change sides for a period of time in order to plant spy devices.
May also have the ability to teleport short distances like the Megaron tank from TU1.
Driving a transport here could be the ticket.

6).the bombers having rockets to take down lifters.

I'm unlikely to mess with the lifters further at this point.

7).red team can use drop turrets.

The ability for all tanks to use power ups like the player is very desirable.
That includes dropping mines, turrets and firing rocket salvoes.
The player would need fair warning an enemy rocket salvo was about to happen though!

8).blue team can have mobile bombs.

Nope - only the red team fights dirty.

9).the blue and red behemoth could have a fist fight.

From memory that could happen in a basic way in TU1.
Or at least the behemoth would stamp while the titan would hammer.
Titan would usually win.

10)armed lifters.

Again, not likely to do much more with the lifters at this point.

<edit> I should point out that it's possible to mod units by editing their .cfg files.
The cfg files are pretty untidy at present but you could add a light turret to red lifters - for example - by adding the following text;

#def_child 'add LIGHT turret
child_class : 8
child_subclass : 1
child_parent : "ROOT"
child_x : 2.1
child_y : 2.5
child_z : 2.5
child_scale : 1
child_pitch : 180
child_yaw : 0
child_roll : 0
child_action : "SPAWN"

in the RED LIFTER section and before #DEF_END appears for that section.
The x/y/z values would need to be tweaked and haven't fully tested for turrets being upside-down (child_pitch: 180), but should work.

Thanks again for your thoughts! All suggestions are appreciated :D
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
tronsoldier

Postby tronsoldier » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:39 am

ADMIN wrote: I do want a Behemoth to show up in the demo and have a longer range attack than stomping.To that end I've been testing the idea of it sweeping the area in front of it with a beam weapon, but it's not working out that well.So your suggestion might be a good alternative or perhaps it could leap across a distance and do the stomp thing? That might be pretty terrifying, to see it in the air flying towards you?

I just thought that TU2 could be more action-like or more drama.
A thrown tank can be pretty scary.
ADMIN wrote:Possibly.

Great. :D
ADMIN wrote:The plan is to retain the 'capture the hard point' play from TU1, as it was a lot of funThat involved waiting on a hard point long enough to create a beam tower.Probably wouldn't allow that in 'freeplay' as the ability to drop mini-turrets covers similar ground and have to keep things balanced.

I understand.
ADMIN wrote:I would very much like to be able to do the viruses in a fully fledged way - their own bases, different types - but I don't have time.

I understand.
ADMIN wrote:Could be fun, but has to have a gameplay purpose.

ok
ADMIN wrote:I'm unlikely to mess with the lifters further at this point.

ok
ADMIN wrote:The ability for all tanks to use power ups like the player is very desirable.That includes dropping mines, turrets and firing rocket salvoes.The player would need fair warning an enemy rocket salvo was about to happen though!

ok
ADMIN wrote:Nope - only the red team fights dirty.

I understand. besides, the resistance will still always win. 8-)
ADMIN wrote:From memory that could happen in a basic way in TU1.Or at least the behemoth would stamp while titan would hammer.

ok.
ADMIN wrote:Again, not likely to do much more with the lifters at this point

I understand.

ADMIN wrote:Thanks again for your thoughts! All suggestions are appreciated

you're welcome . will probably think of some more stuff the first chance I get. :D
Last edited by tronsoldier on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
TRONSOLDIER
tronsoldier

Postby tronsoldier » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:57 am

ADMIN,or madjack
Did you add another type of team or will the teams will remain as resistance, gorgon, and viral?
TRONSOLDIER
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:09 pm

Red (units serving gorgon), blue (resistance), purple (virus). Green is not a new team, but denotes Gorgon creations.
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
tronsoldier

Postby tronsoldier » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:14 pm

ADMIN wrote:Red (units serving gorgon), blue (resistance), purple (virus). Green is not a new team, but denotes Gorgon creations.

ahh ok :D
TRONSOLDIER

Return to “Game discussion”