Early Access

Discussion regarding the game + tips and hints.
Phantaminium

Early Access

Postby Phantaminium » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:12 pm

I don't think anyone has thought of suggesting this before so I shall now.

Might you put TU2 on Steam's Early Access program?

I sure plenty of people here will buy the game immediately.

I'm a ScatmanImage
NeatNit

Re: Early Access

Postby NeatNit » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:14 am

I don't think the game is in a complete enough state for even that. Basic gameplay isn't even ready yet.

I actually really hate the concept of releasing a game before being able to call it complete. If it's not ready don't show it. That's one of the reasons I like Nintendo consoles and games - they make sure they're polished BEFORE they release, not afterwards through game patches.

Anyway, only some game genres/types benefit from this release model of "release first, polish later", and singleplayer campaigns are definitely excluded. In TU2, maybe skirmish could be shown through Early Access, and maybe even multiplayer (one can hope :)), but definitely not the campaign and definitely not before the game feels good to play.
Scribble[SFD]

Re: Early Access

Postby Scribble[SFD] » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:02 am

There are many other things that should be done before madjack puts TU2 on early access.

For one, it would be much better if he got TU2 funded via kickstarter so he could work on it full time. I think many people would be upset if they got TU2 on early access to find out the dev can't develop the game on a full time basis.

I also still think it would be more beneficial for madjack to roll out Steam trading cards for TU1, I know people that will buy any game that has trading cards even if they never play. In the end, though, it will mean more funds for TU2.

There is also the issue of what madjack's relations are to his TU1 publisher and what kind of contracts are going on, if any still.

Return to “Game discussion”