General tips and hints

Discussion regarding the game + tips and hints.
ADMIN
Site Admin

Re: General tips and hints

Postby ADMIN » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:51 am

Hi acevpetd

Your own tank can't place beamtowers - instead you should focus on activating as many nodes as you can and letting the AI tanks occupy nodes long enough to construct beam towers.

The thinking behind this was to avoid having the player's tank arbitrarily pushed off a node (by a spawning beamtower) - possibly at a critical moment.

Thanks
Madjack
Dialogue Design
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
Escher26

Postby Escher26 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:40 pm

Yeah, about that... hehe, I hadn't realized until I just read your post that YOUR tank can't spawn the towers, only your ALLY tanks may do so.

That might have made it a bit easier to finish the game...

Which is brilliant by the way.

-Robert
luk3

Postby luk3 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:35 am

I happened to have a idea upon reading the ADMINS last post in this thread
The game could Ask the player if he wants to build a beamtower, and if he answer's no the beamtower doesn't spawn and he remains where he is, nothing happening, but if he/she answer's yes, a beamtower spawns and the player is teleported behind the control node,
heres my idea of the messege:

SPAWN BEAM TOWER?
Y/N
YOU WILL BE TELEPORTED BEHIND
CONTROL NODE IF YOU ANSWER YES

something like that.
'Whatever my post count is, add 11 to it, Or I'll shoot you myself.'
Phantaminium

Re: woah woah woah? wait a sec!

Postby Phantaminium » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:45 pm

lukie wrote:hello. i caouldn't find the edit option. for some reason it wasn't there.

anyway.

Level 16 - Logic Gate 1
behemonths are vulnarable to minelaying (But Not to rockets)

Thats fake!

i shot like 15 shots of rockets at those guys. they died! so in that case. they ARE vulnarable to rockets. its just takes a lot of um.

PFFFFFFFT, I shot a Nuke

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=19646930
Last edited by Phantaminium on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm a ScatmanImage
Porckcheop

Re: Network Node Turrets?

Postby Porckcheop » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:34 am

acevpetd wrote:I am just wondering, how do you place one of those large turrets on a network node once the outline starts flashing? :?:

They are made when a tank sits on the node for a few minutes. I'm not too sure if the player's tank can create one, due to I believe when the tower is created the tank is deleted or something..
NeatNit

Re: Network Node Turrets?

Postby NeatNit » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:52 am

Porckcheop wrote:
acevpetd wrote:I am just wondering, how do you place one of those large turrets on a network node once the outline starts flashing? :?:

They are made when a tank sits on the node for a few minutes. I'm not too sure if the player's tank can create one, due to I believe when the tower is created the tank is deleted or something..

For unknown reasons the player cannot create one, but IIRC the tank is not replaced by the turret, but the turret is created when the tank leaves the node.

Return to “Game discussion”