Luke, is back! :3

Discussion regarding the game + tips and hints.
luk3

Luke, is back! :3

Postby luk3 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:18 pm

I've a few things to mention since i vanished.

1.My grammar has dramatically improved.
2.Whoever i tell my true age to says i'm way too mature for that to be true, Yes, i had to say this.
3.I have a boredom cycle, I take interest in one game, later get bored with it and get interested in something else, and get bored again, on and on, Only two of these games seem to be excluded from this cycle, Minecraft & Split/Second.
4.My computer has has virus/otherwise issues multiple times, and had to have its OS reinstalled, as such, i've lost my registered copy of TU and any other purchaser-exclusive TU items.

So...Are you still here Phil? And whats happened since i vanished?

EDIT: Found the EDIT button, And i got TU #1 back :D
EDIT #2: Scrap that, The DL link expired, Phil - Can you get me the TU games back?
If you need me to i can send you the expired dl link i had and my email address.
Last edited by luk3 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
'Whatever my post count is, add 11 to it, Or I'll shoot you myself.'
ADMIN
Site Admin

Re: Luke, is back! :3

Postby ADMIN » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:47 pm

hey luk!

Nice to hear from you again.

1.My grammar has dramatically improved.

I can see that and well done! Being able to write clearly and concisely is a valuable skill - even on forums and in emails.

I have a boredom cycle, I take interest in one game, later get bored with it and get interested in something else

Youngsters - never stick at anything! :lol:

Regards re-downloading TU1, contact me by email and we'll see what can be done.
Regards what's been happening, check out the TU2 dev entires in the dev section of the forum.

All the best
Madjack
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
luk3

Re: Luke, is back! :3

Postby luk3 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:57 am

Regards what's been happening, check out the TU2 dev entries in the dev section of the forum.

Already read every dev entry, Thanks - everything sounds like its going awesomely - By the way, i don't really like the idea of having to stop train cars and railroads and everything and be under the (though minor) pressure of a time limit, Could you possibly add a option to not have a limit on you? No trains to stop or anything? I'd appreciate that.

Regards re-downloading TU1, contact me by email and we'll see what can be done.

What is your email? its not on your profile (NVM, I'll use the support email), Also, what happened to the Test Level? I can't find it.

Just a suggestion on the demo - Maybe, if you decide to update it, You could add a Easter-egg in the Fortress sneakpeak where if its found, Demo players get to finish the fortress level, Rather then being cut off once they eliminate the powerstack.

EDIT: Being that i like programming despite never mentioning it before, I decided to check out Blitz, unfortunately it was a programming language you have to pay for to use, Which i don't like, So i'm using C++ - It MIGHT be more complicated, But i've got experience and have the time to learn it, I'm going to learn it and hopefully make a small little TU game of my own, a little TU2 game that goes along my own mini storyline, Do you mind if i use a few things you've already mentioned will be in TU2's Storyline? Like, i use the entire gorgon thing - or half of it, but use TU1's form of mission progress? You know, 1 > 2 > 3 rather then Grid 1 > Grid 2.1 or 2.2 or 2.3 > Grids 3.1 - 3.3 etc like TU2 would have, You get what i'm saying, right?

Update on the C++ thing,

If you thought learning C++ was too hard for someone my age, Then thats wrong, Because, in combination with my free time and REALLY, REALLY GREAT tutorials i found, I've already learned:
  • Drawing Lines & Ellipses (Surprising how much code it takes)
  • Menu items to Toggle said Lines & Ellipses
  • Yes/No Message boxes which bring up a different message box depending on what you click.
  • Message boxes telling you where you clicked when you click the left or right mousebutton.
And i've still got more to learn - i'll keep editing adding to the list above.

EDIT #X: Well, i'm done for the day learning C++, When i finish the next tutorial some other time i will have learned how to make a Tic-Tac-Toe game in the language.
'Whatever my post count is, add 11 to it, Or I'll shoot you myself.'

Return to “Game discussion”