TU2 has been Greenlit!

ADMIN
Site Admin

TU2 has been Greenlit!

Postby ADMIN » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:13 am

Email arrived yesterday - thanks to all those who voted!

Early access release is the next step.
However want to tie up a few more play elements before committing to a release date.
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
Phantaminium

Re: TU2 has been Greenlit!

Postby Phantaminium » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:40 pm

Congrats!

Though now I'm a tad worried. How do you plan to go from here?

I'm a ScatmanImage
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:39 pm

How do you plan to go from here?

I think it'd be best to get all level of fortress battles sorted (both defence and attack).
That way the user can play around with the custom battle builder and still have a good time while the campaign is being built.

Beyond the fortress battles is hub battles that involve capturing hardpoints (as in TU1).
'I only have one rule. Everyone codes, no-one quits. You don't finish your game, I'll shoot you myself.' http://www.tankuniversal.com
Phantaminium

Postby Phantaminium » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:15 pm

Since you seem to want to do Early Access on steam, can I ask that you get the overlay to take screenshots properly? TU1 screenshots never really worked for me at all, something would always royally fuck up. Such as the mini-map taking a square shape or just getting the skybox (those floating / moving clouds and rectangles in the distance) and NOTHING else.

I would find it easier to do bug reports to either show what I can't describe or to remind myself what I found.

I'm a ScatmanImage
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:26 pm

...get the overlay to take screenshots properly?

Can't make any promises as that's likely a low-level NB engine vs Steam issue, rather than a coding issue.
Since the new engine is DX9, hopefully that'll help.
But it can be something to test.
Admiral Z

Postby Admiral Z » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:38 pm

Awesome! I do also have a question for you, Admin. What exactly do you want from our bug reports? Do you want us to put anything and everything that catches our eye, or do you just want us to stick to the major issues? And do you want our opinions on gameplay mechanics that may be working as intended but we have something to say about it anyway? Also, exactly how often would you want a report? Personally, I've stuck to doing a full report every 2-3 builds, since each build doesn't include THAT much new content (unless it does, in which case I do make a report) so it doesn't always warrant a full 7000 character report. Since we got Greenlit we should be getting more attention and (I hope ;) ) builds may be coming out quicker, with more content in each, so I want to know the best way I can help. :mrgreen:
Admiral Z has spoken. So let it be written, So let it be done.
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:31 am

Admiral Z wrote:Awesome! I do also have a question for you, Admin. What exactly do you want from our bug reports? Do you want us to put anything and everything that catches our eye, or do you just want us to stick to the major issues? And do you want our opinions on gameplay mechanics that may be working as intended but we have something to say about it anyway? Also, exactly how often would you want a report? Personally, I've stuck to doing a full report every 2-3 builds, since each build doesn't include THAT much new content (unless it does, in which case I do make a report) so it doesn't always warrant a full 7000 character report. Since we got Greenlit we should be getting more attention and (I hope ;) ) builds may be coming out quicker, with more content in each, so I want to know the best way I can help. :mrgreen:

Sorry about the delay answering - been dealing with some life issues this last month or so.

In answer to your question, I'm tempted to answer 'everything', but rather than do that, how about I flag what I consider to be a major release and then you can consider whether to do a full work-up.

I am however interested in major bugs and particularly users' feedback on gameplay. Usually with each new release there is some new gameplay element refined or added.
The next release for example, will expand on the repair mechanic in that you'll be able to repair other tanks and fortress walls while still in your tank (but you'll have to eject to repair your own tank).

builds may be coming out quicker, with more content in each

I'd love for that to be the case but the day job is getting in the way (didn't help that Kickstarter flopped). I'm working towards getting it out on Steam early access and we'll see from there.

However, I do want to say again that I really appreciate yours and the other users' feedback and enthusiasm for the game - it's one of the things that keeps TU2 dev on the boil. :D
Admiral Z

Postby Admiral Z » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:47 pm

how about I flag what I consider to be a major release and then you can consider whether to do a full work-up.

Alright, sounds good!
I am however interested in major bugs and particularly users' feedback on gameplay. Usually with each new release there is some new gameplay element refined or added.

Ok that makes sense, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks! :D
Admiral Z has spoken. So let it be written, So let it be done.
ADMIN
Site Admin

Postby ADMIN » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:53 pm

Just a quick note:

Although the last couple of months have been a bit rough personally, dev has been continuing.
Currently focused on ironing out fortress battles where the player defends.

A part of that has been further optimisation when large numbers of tanks/shells are involved.
Have had to limit the number of tanks/shells in the field at any one time.
Don't worry, there can still be a large number of tanks/shells active at any one time.

Sappers now visibly damage walls.

Repair is expanded in that the player can quickly repair walls and friendly units from within their tank.
Repairing a friendly unit will also see it immune from damage for a short period.
Players can repair/resurrect destroyed walls, thus bringing a fortress back to being 'secure', even if the enemy have breached it.
May link this mechanic to powershards - make it cost a shard to repair a wall? Don't know yet.

Another framerate choke point came when many tanks congregated within the confines of a fortress.
This came down to too many tanks assessing too many other tanks as potential targets!

Still a way off from a new build, but looking forwards to getting this new content out there!

Return to “Latest TU2 demo build and general news”